Customer Experience Manager - Drapery
Derby / Salisbury
£30,000 - £35,000 + £6,000 Vehicle Allowance + Benefits
Customer Experience Manager – Drapery:
Are you passionate about providing an industry leading customer journey? Are you looking for the opportunity to take your drapery or textiles career to the next level with a company that will encourage and support you every step of the way?
A driven, forward thinking and strategically minded Customer Experience Manager is required to lead a newly formed Drapery department to introduce experiences that ‘wow’ both existing and new customers of a highly regarded, family owned manufacturer & supplier of design led high quality care home furniture, contract furniture & fire retardant curtains.
Established in 2007 and built on the back of 5 generations’ worth of industry expertise in furniture and furnishings, Edison & Day have spent the past 13 years developing and supplying a comprehensive and ever evolving product portfolio for those who have design at the heart of their project. They complement their wide product range with an exemplary service offering including space plans, project management and installation along with a bespoke design & manufacture service.
In order to drive even greater success an exciting new opportunity exists for customer-focused leader with an innate, highly organised approach to take ownership and responsibility of the Drapery department providing customers with excellent customer service and increased communication. This will involve assisting the sales team with costings where necessary through to handling and project managing drapery orders from point of customer order through to delivery to the customer and/or installation where required.
• Deliver exceptional customer experience
• To continuously improve; never be satisfied with the way things are and constantly asking yourself ‘how can we improve this process, or this service’, etc.
• Work with the Sales team to increase the sales of drapery and profitability of the department
• Work with Marketing to constantly improve the online drapery offering
• Process customer orders for drapery including
• Attend site surveys & installations
• Builds relationships which are based on achieving results
• Have a penchant for problem solving and collaborative decision making
Skills & Experiences
• Previous experience in a customer focussed, commercial role.
• Knowledge of and a passion for drapery and interior design including curtains (and associated hardware i.e. poles & tracks etc.), pelmets, blinds, bedspreads, cushions
• An understanding of how to measure up windows for curtains and how to fit curtains so as to look out for fitting obstacles when surveying
• An understanding of fabric widths and fabric pattern repeats with an eye for design and colour coordination
• An understanding of different curtain heading types and different pelmet types
• Knowledge of different types of blinds
• Attention to detail to ensure nothing is missed on sales quotes/orders, and discrepancies and/or queries are highlighted and resolved prior to production
Our ideal candidate will…
• Be proactive: think ahead and act before being asked.
• Put customers first: become their trusted partner and ensure the best customer experience for drapery order to delivery/installation.
• Take ownership of the new Drapery Department and move it ahead in to the future
• Plan your time to cover all your responsibilities.
• Be part of the team and contribute ideas and help others.
• Be positive & enthusiastic.
• Use initiative to continually improve systems, processes, customer interaction/experience
This is new, exciting opportunity for a driven self-starter to set up and run the Drapery department, building new processes and ultimately developing a successful team. Genuine career progression opportunities both within the Drapery department and across the organisation exist for the successful candidate alongside an attractive benefits package and the option of working remotely 2-3 days per week. To kickstart your leadership transformation career with an industry leading organisation with an impressive growth track record, apply now!
Use this link to apply here